RBI on Friday 18 august 2017 disclosed the new Rs 50 note in fluorescent blue colour and provided details of the new security highlights. New features added to the note is as below:
1. See through register with denominational numeral 50,
2. Denominational numeral ५० in Devnagari,
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre,
4. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत’, ‘INDIA’ and ‘50’,
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI,
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait,
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right,
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (50) watermarks,
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
10. Year of printing of the note on the left,
11. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan,
12. Language panel,
13. Motif of Hampi with Chariot,
14. Denominational numeral ५० in Devnagari.
Dimension of the 50 rs note is 66 mm x 135 mm.
old 50 rs. note will be in rotation and will be legal tander. there is no news of new 200 rs. note. The Reserve Bank of India will shortly issue ₹ 50 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing signature of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, Governor, Reserve Bank of India.