The official iOS 10 release date is today, Tuesday, September 13. Are you updating your iPhone?
iOS 10 is the tenth major release of the iOS operating system developed by Apple Inc., being the successor to iOS 9. It was announced at the company’s WWDC 2016 keynote on June 13, 2016, with release scheduled for September 13, 2016.
iOS 10 improves and adds upon user experience system-wide including 3D Touch expansion, an updated lock screen, and “widget” support. There are also added features to apps: Messages adds expressive ways to communicate, Maps has been redesigned and extended with third-party functions, Home manages HomeKit-enabled accessories within one place, Photos helps users access algorithmic Memories, and Siri is now compatible for third-party app-specific requests, such as starting workouts, sending IMs, requesting Lyft or Uber and making payments.
iOS 10 update is available for the following devices:
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad 4th generation
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPod touch 6th generation
How to install the iOS 10 update:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Click Download and Install.
- After downloading, click Install and click agree for Terms and Conditions.
- iOS device would restart and iOS 10 will be installed.
- Download iOS 10 via iTunes
Update can be installed via iTunes as well:
- Open iTunes.
- Connect the iOS device to your PC or Mac.
- In iTunes select your device’s icon on the top bar.
- Click the Summary tab and then click Check for update.
- Now click Download and update.
- Follow the simple on-screen instructions to install iOS 10.