IT service management (ITSM) is implementation and management of Quality IT services.ITSM’s objective match with information technology governance.It does not typically include project management or program management.IT service management is often equated with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), an official publication of the Cabinet Office in the United Kingdom.
Some of the Key benefits are listed below:
- Overall improved quality of business operations by matching IT processes and business processes.
- Optimize IT resource Utilization
- Reduce Costs
- Improve Availability
- Tune Capacity
- Increase Throughput
- Improve Scalability
- Aligns IT with the business needs
- Improves ability to absorb rapid change
- Improves quality of IT services
- Enhanced image of IT as business partner
- Better information on current services. As well as Improved metrics and management reporting
IT Service Managment (ITSM) Tools